Beckley ARH Hospital offers students ages 14 to 18 two options for volunteering at our facility. Both opportunities offer students valuable experiences at helping others while gaining exposure to working in a healthcare environment. The Junior Volunteer Program is for students ages 14 to 18 and is available to qualifying applicants year-round. The Youth Volunteer Summer Program is for students ages 16 to 18 during an 8-week session each summer.
Beckley ARH Junior Volunteer Program
The Junior Volunteer Program is open to students ages 14 to 18 who want to gain exposure to a healthcare environment while giving back to their community. Junior volunteer positions are available year-round as needed. To apply submit the Junior Volunteer Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beckley ARH Youth Volunteer Summer Program
The Youth Volunteer Summer Program is designed to empower youth with leadership and communication skills and provide them with exposure to the healthcare environment, while contributing to the community.
The 8-week program is scheduled for June 10 through August 2, 2019. A recognition ceremony will be held on Monday, August 5 at 3:00 pm for those who successfully complete the program.
- 16 – 18 years of age
- If under 18 years of age, permission from a parent or guardian to participate
- Agree to complete a minimum of 50 hours commitment by August 2, 2019. Exceptions must be agreed upon during your initial meeting or placement appointment.
- Attend volunteer orientation on June 10th at 9:00 a.m.
- Attend 5 out of 8 Lunch and Learn programs (dates provided at orientation), as well as the recognition ceremony and exit interviews
- Wear volunteer uniform and badge at all times
- Complete the mandatory annual education online training (HIPAA and hospital safety training).
Step 1: Submit the Junior Volunteer Application and check the box “Summer Youth Program”.
- The deadline for applying for the 2019 Youth Volunteer Summer Program is Friday, May 24th .
- Email completed application to email@example.com
Step 2: Print the following links and complete the forms. Please bring them with you to your initial meeting.
Step 3: Meeting – Schedule a meeting with Volunteer Coordinator by calling (304) 255-3217 (Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm) by Friday, May 31st.
- Bring completed parental consent form and references
- Be prepared to discuss schedule/availability
- Sign confidentiality agreement
Step 4: Student Orientation (Mandatory) – Monday, June 10 at 9:00 am in the Cafeteria Conference Room on 1st floor
- ID Badge – You will be escorted to HR to get your badge photo. Your badge is to be worn at all times and is considered to be part of your uniform.
- Tour of hospital
- Review the volunteer guidelines – policies and procedures to be followed at all times.
- Receive volunteer uniform
- Obtain volunteer service description of your assigned area
- Receive Lunch and Learn schedule
- Complete online Annual Education completed
- Meet the director of your assigned department
Step 5: Reporting to Duty
- Report directly to your assigned department for training.
High School Seniors – Eligible for $500 Scholarship:
- Must be a senior in high school
- Must be planning to attend a college in healthcare
- Meet all the Youth Summer Program requirements mentioned above
- Show leadership skills (be conscientious, help others, be on time, and show initiative)
- Follow the Beckley ARH CARES Principles
- Complete the Student Volunteer Scholarship Application