Cardiovascular/Critical Care Unit
Located in the west of the Joe Craft Tower, the 16-bed Cardiovascular/Critical Care Unit includes:
• Equipped with state-of-the-art cardiac monitors systems
• Pneumatic tube systems to enable rapid transfer of lab specimens or delivery of new medications
• New patient beds, over bed tables and bedside tables designed for patient comfort and safety. Each bed pendant affords the patient control of lighting, bed position, nurse call and television.
• All rooms with can light features that afford family member gentle lighting without disturbing the patient
• All patient rooms furnished for family and patient comfort, with recliners and/or sleep sofas and ergonomic patient chairs
• Beds include scales, fall protection systems and turning aids. Beds actively aid in turning and positioning patients, encouraging respiratory exercises, progressing patients from lying to sitting positions, protecting patient’s skin and other support devices that support recovery following thoracic or open heart surgery.
• New cardiac support equipment such as intra-aortic balloon pumps, pacemakers and defibrillators
• Sophisticated nursing work stations located outside each patient room is designed with a viewing window to allow constant observation. Each station equipped with cardiac monitor review stations, computers and other devices that help nurses stay close to their patients
• All floors designed with private physician dictation spaces and professional support staff space to facilitate care team collaboration, while protecting patient privacy
• The importance of family support is evident in the design of discrete private family waiting centers, a family eating area, two full baths with showers and family linen provisions.