Medical Surgical Step-Down Unit
Located on the third floor of the west end of the Joe Craft Tower, the 34-bed Medical Surgical Step-Down Unit has been designed with patient safety and comfort in mind. The unit includes:
• State-of-the-art cardiac telemetry systems
• Pneumatic tube systems to enable rapid transfer of lab specimens or delivery of new medications
• New patient beds, over bed tables and bedside tables designed for patient comfort and safety. Each bed pendant affords the patient control of lighting, bed position, nurse call and television. Beds include scales, fall protection systems, side rail alerts and other safety features.
• All rooms with can light features that afford family member gentle lighting without disturbing the patient
• All rooms furnished for family and patient comfort, with recliners and/or sleep sofas and ergonomic patient chairs
• Rooms built with in-room renal dialysis ports
• Advanced alarm management software built into the cardiac monitoring and nurse call systems, designed to assure highest priority alerts get to nurses first to enable swift response. Each patient can talk directly to their nurse through the nurse call system.
• Decentralized nursing stations are located to support every four to five rooms, keeping the nurses close to their patients
• Beautifully tiled patient bathrooms built with hand held shower tools, fold out shower benches, grab bars to aid with safety and stability, handicap height toilet facilities and even dual height toilet paper dispensers designed to meet every patient’s unique needs
• All rooms furnished with 32” flat screen TV
• All floors designed with private physician dictation spaces and professional support staff space to facilitate care team collaboration, while protecting patient privacy