PHYSICAL & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
Licensed physical therapists, licensed occupational therapists, licensed physical therapy assistants, and physical therapy aides staff the Physical and Occupational Therapy Department at Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center. Physical and Occupational Therapy helps people to restore normal functioning, improve their mobility, and achieve a greater degree of independence. Some of the services provided by Physical and Occupational Therapist include:
- Performing tests and evaluations of joint mobility, muscle strength, sensation, functional ability, endurance and cardiovascular functioning.
- Setting short and long-term goals for their patients.
- Designing individualized treatment plans which may involve therapeutic exercises, endurance training, gait training, training in activities of daily living, massage/soft tissue manipulation, applications of heat and cold, hydrotherapy/wound care, electrical stimulation, traction, and more.
- Educating patients and their families in safe and effective implementation of prescribed treatment plans.
- Conducting various screenings
- Providing prevention programs to community and work-site groups.
A physicians order is required for all services. Please stop at the registration desk before going to the Physical and Occupational Therapy Department.
For more information about the Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center's Physical and Occupational Therapy Services call, 606-487-7306.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Special hours may be arranged on an individual basis)