Swing Bed or Certified Skilled Nursing is a level of care that provides patients with skilled nursing services or skilled rehabilitation services. Both levels of care are performed under the supervision of a registered nurse, a licensed physical and occupational or speech therapist.
Daily skilled services are provided on an inpatient basis. Our Swing Bed Program is certified in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. Patients are admitted through a referral from their attending physician.
- Patients have been admitted to the hospital as an inpatient for at least (3) consecutive midnights before the Swing Bed admission.
- Patients are being treated for the same condition for which they were treated in the hospital.
- Patients are admitted through a referral from their physician and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Our expert care team works with qualified patients to create unique multidisciplinary treatment plans.
- We can help patients improve their strength and gain optimal independence to return home.
- Patients may remain as long as they have goals to obtain. Once their goals are met , they will be discharged from the program.
Swing Beds are available at Barbourville, Mary Breckinridge in Hyden, McDowell, Middlesboro, Morgan County, Our Lady of the Way in Martin, Whitesburg and Summers County, WV ARH hospitals.